Do you look forward to going to work every day? Now is a great time to join the helpdesk division of our well established, fast growing technology firm (MSP) located in Beverly MA. Not only do we take great pride in what we do, we have fun doing it! We are a tight knit, high paced, high speed, high energy crew that enjoy working together. We are looking to add a personable, energetic & creative Helpdesk Tech to our team that can take the reins on helping our clients be productive and profitable by minimizing issues related to their I.T. infrastructure. As our company grows so will the responsibilities of this position. So, this won’t be an easy role, but we can guarantee you this, you will enjoy coming to work every day & the only time you will “watch the clock” is when you glimpse up in amazement and say, “Man! I can’t believe its 5pm already, again!” Please check out the list of some of the skills and knowledge that will be required to fill this position and if you think you’d be a good fit, carefully follow the list of instructions below.
The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for immediate, remote response to I.T. related issues submitted by clients via, email, phone or other means.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Remotely, quickly & efficiently diagnose and resolve I.T. related client issues. You will be responsible for quality trouble ticket documentation, follow up, completion, management, escalation &/or dispatch. Clearly & concisely document actions taken, knowledgebase &/or “How to Articles”. Ensure client satisfaction on a daily basis and reducing client issues are essential in this position. Identify trends with client issues, document and help plan permanent solutions for reoccurring issues. You must love helping people and solving problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to deliver Diehard Support™ to our clients.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have impeccable verbal, written & phone skills when dealing with customers.
- Ability to do quality work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Believe in and demonstrate our “Team Above Self Philosophy”.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each client interaction.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Knowledge in basic networking configurations.
- Experience in Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Must be positive, passionate & optimistic when interacting with clients and team members.
- Willingness to develop intellectually & professionally through constant, incremental improvement (Kaizen).
- Self-sufficient, with ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to simplify solutions and deliver non-tech descriptions to clients.
- Must be like Gumby – (flexible, helpful, optimistic, honest, adventurous, fearless and extremely caring of others).
- Success in our Helpdesk Technician position will be based on your ability to meet and exceed our client’s expectations and by exceeding the documented SLA (Service Level Agreements) response and resolution times outlined in our service agreements.
- The Helpdesk team will be evaluated on the number of incidents that are able to be resolved for clients, issues submitted repeatedly, overall daily client satisfaction & peer satisfaction with quality of work.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 1+ years’ experience in computer network management is required.
- Experience in managing multi-faceted, end user clients is required.
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Security+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree &/or Military experience highly preferred.
- Working Knowledge &/or certifications in Linux &/or Mac, is preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Halo and/or Kaseya is preferred.
- Fun, high paced, high energy, office environment.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
Instructions for Applying*:
- Carefully read the entire description of the position above.
- Be honest with evaluating yourself as to whether you are a cultural & intellectual fit within our organization.
- Write a paragraph or two, describing why you think you are a good fit for this position, with at least one specific example. Please write as if you were sending an email to a friend, colleague or client.
- Email a copy of the above described paragraphs and your resume in *.PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow-up with our HR dept. within one week of sending the email via phone to ensure receipt and discuss further steps.
* PLEASE NOTE: The above list is specifically designed to determine whether or not you are capable of paying attention to detail, creative problem solving and carefully following a simple list of instructions. Please read and follow the list carefully otherwise your application will NOT be taken into consideration.